Thursday, September 16, 2010

Middle of September

I have now been home for several weeks and I am ready to head back on the road. Being home was very nice and much longer than I thought it would be. While here I did much less planning than I thought I would but nonetheless I was able to make a few decisions, still need to make many more, and have some good times.

I experienced my very first polo game in style in Newport, Rhode Island where I spent Labor Day weekend. Newport is one of my favorite places to visit and it helps I have such a good friend there. It’s a different life there than what I am used to and it’s great to see. Polo is such a unique sport and is really helps to know a player.

I have visited many local farmers markets, some new restaurants, and of course a ton of shops. I was also able to go to new places in CT like Woodstock. In the quite corner of the state you can visit the only house in CT operated by the New England Historical Society, many orchards, antiques and wineries. In the opposite direction hides my favorite small town and lake in the state. Lake Waramaug is right outside of New Preston a little past Bantam.

While home I did a little city life, but not much, by going to the Harriet Beacher Stowe House and a few bars. I tended to stick to my home and the country side. CT may not be the most exciting state but it definitely is beautiful and has a lot to offer if you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment