Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Saturday September 18, The Vineyard




We awoke to a gorgeous sunrise, a surprise engagement for our new friend, and seeing one of the world’s only rising train bridge on the ground. AWESOME.

As the other girls headed off to breakfast and their day of orientation I headed to Martha’s Vineyard. I thought I could get away with three dollar parking in Woods Hole but luckily chose to play it safe. I rode the ferry than began my day of wandering. I was extremely hopeful to see all of the Island and use the public bus system. I was able to see three towns but none of the farther out places. I was blown away by the size of the Island. I do not think I would like to have a car but a private tour would be really good. Next time. I was able to walk around aimlessly in Oaks Bluff, Edgartown, and Vineyard Haven. All of which are very different in the architecture, people, and general feel. Since I do not like to shop it was a rather long day. I was happy to see the Island and look forward to when I can see the rest of it. It would be cool to live out there as long as you did not have to pay the crazy car ferry fee every time you wanted to leave.

I raced off the ferry, hoped on the shuttle, tried to get out of the scary parking lot, and headed back to MMA to pick up my friend who had been waiting awhile. We rode home together, had a few hours down time than headed off on our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment