Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bye Bye Keys, Hello Miami


Of course we had to stop at the southernmost tip of the U.S for a picture. Then making our way back up the same way we went down and it was still pretty. We made a brief stop at a flea market, tried to stop at some shops, and then got stuck in traffic in Miami. Lunch was had at a local diner in Key Largo and we were out of the keys. There are a few things I still want to do in the keys but they will have to wait until next time.

Before we could arrive in Miami I wanted to stop at the Fairchild Tropical Gardens. My luck I was in Coral Gables the one weekend a year they were having an event. Instead of seeing serene gardens I was able to experience a wonderful art, garden, and food show. The gardens didn’t seem very spectacular so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Miami seems like a cool city and it is HUGE! We spent our time in South Beach and that was fun. I got to see the ocean front hotel my grandfather used to own and that was way cool. We dined at Houstan’s in Coral Gables where I met a cousin for the first time and saw the Christmas light lined street. After dinner I walked around for over an hour on Ocean Drive just checking it out and people watching. I was surprised by the amount of people dining alone on a Saturday night on south beach at 11pm. Besides my grandfathers hotel all lit up my favorite was this one place where the security was so tough they wouldn’t allow people to stop and take a picture in front of it. Tough love.

No comments:

Post a Comment