Sunday, November 21, 2010

New York New York/ New Mommy for a Day

Because I am crazy as well as my mother and her best friend we decided to have a girls day to NY the day after I got home. Why not? Today my mommy was not my mommy and my auntie was not my auntie. We did a swap for the day to experience the Rockettes Christmas Show in style! Thank you auntie!!!!!!

We hired the driver and made our way into the city with almost no traffic at all. Our first stop was to The Plaza Condos/Hotel. It still looks beautiful but I loved the old set up better. The best changes were the shops that were added and the how they redid the basement to add these shops. I have now seen, what I think to be, the worlds fanciest food court.

We spent a few hours in the Plaza that morning. Between the Eloise store/party room, awesome hat shop, and designer headband counters we were happy. Well I was the happiest I could be stuck shopping. We dined in the Palm Court Restaurant which is not outrages for its location and being in NY. It is also a welcomed quite place in the city.

My Auntie, being the fabulous and generous woman she is, treated her adopted daughter to this great lunch and the show. (P.S. I love all my aunties). Before the show I took a walk in the park while the ladies headed to Bergdorf. What a beautiful day. Sun out and 60 plus degrees in November. Not the best weather for a Christmas show but for walking around its great. I got to see ice-skaters and saxophone players.

I now feel like a good United Statesian now that I have seen the Rockettes Christmas Show. This show is beautiful, fun, and a must see. My favorite outfit was the first one and favorite dance was possibly the drummer boy’s. I have never sat front row and thanks to auntie/mommy I have experienced it.

After the show we met up with the driver and headed to Bryant Park. I love Bryant Park, not shopping, but checking it out.

We headed out of the city and made our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment