Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Atlanta: MLK Freedom Center, MLK NP Visitor Center, MLK birthplace and home, Piedmont Park, Little Five points, Lake Clear, Virginia Highlands, Atkins Park


I took my time getting ready this morning while my friends went to work. I then made my way to the area where Martin Luther King JR spent his childhood and life when he wasn’t traveling. I spent a few hours touring, walking around, and seeing the historic sites of the area. I am so glad I chose to visit this area and all it encompasses as well as its crazy connection to history.

I left the MLK district area to meet Stephanie and her sister. We walked around Piedmont Park and I saw the biggest dog park ever! With a separate park for small dogs. I like parks.

I then joined Stephanie and Cat for the rest of the afternoon. I got to see different parts of Atlanta like Little Five Points, Lake Clear, and we had dinner at Atkins Park in Virginia Highlands. I also was fortunate enough to meet their aunt, uncle, and baby cousin!

After dinner we headed home, I spoke to a friend in Costa Rica who is coming to CT to visit, caught up with Kayla, and had a chill night. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment