Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hike Hike Hike

Hike in Helen, Athens, Atlanta


I enjoyed relaxing in the morning then decided to take a beautiful 5mile hike to Raven Cliff Falls outside of Helen. It was a gorgeous sunny day and almost the entire hike was along a river. I got to see three beautiful waterfalls and one is considered to be the most unique in the Appalachian Mountains.

I then made my way along the back roads to Athens. I drove through Gainesville and briefly walked around Athens. Besides the nice campus of University of GA I wasn’t too impressed. College towns are great for bars and music, but for a town of 80,000 60,000 of which are students, I expected more. It was nice to see so many people walking or biking instead of driving.

I made my way into Atlanta and was blown away by the traffic. Seven lanes going one way! Luckily I made it to my friends with little traffic problems, it was all going north and I was headed south.

Tuesday the 22nd was National Margarita Day. To celebrate we walked down the gorgeous 26th street to a Mexican restaurant and had a yummy dinner. I love Mexican food!

I ended the night catching up with friends from Peace Corps and making a new friend in their roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment