Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Plan

My car is safe from the snow and ready for the road!



After a lovely few nights in NYV it was time to return home to CT before another big storm hit. I love snow. I can see how people who have to work or don’t like the physical aspect of shoveling disagree, but for me, the snow is beautiful.

With all the shoveling down I decided to use my snow day to inform everyone what I will be doing for the next few months. I also like to have things written out neatly for my own benefit. I might as well share the information with you all and everyone wins!

I do not want to give everything away yet, or bore you with town names so I will keep it brief. Here is the rough plan:

Leave West Hartford and head to Delaware and Maryland where I will stop in Wilmington, Delaware City, Chevy Chase, and Port Tobacco. Fenwick Island will have to wait for a later trip when I head down the Coast once again to visit the Outer Banks.

Upon leaving Maryland I will head to Virginia to make three or four stops at historical battlegrounds and other landmarks in Richmond, Petersburg, and Hardy.

After a stop in North Carolina I’ll head to Atlanta. For the next week I’ll be jumping between Georgia, Alabama, Florida and back to Georgia. I know where I’m going but don’t want ruin the surprise.

Once I leave Florida I will have one more stop in Alabama before I head to Mississippi to enjoy small towns and the Gulf Coast on my way to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

After Mardi Gras, a reunion with some Peace Corps friends, and exploring the area I’ll head to the large state of Texas. Who knows how long I will be in Texas, but once I leave I’ll head to New Mexico. From there Arizona, followed by Nevada, then on to California.

Once happily with my family in California I will map out and calculate the rest of the trip through Oregon, Washington, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan. Eventually making my way back to CT in late June or July therefore completing my trek of the United States! Si Dios Quiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment