Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gallo Pinto, Lost Luggage, and Ivy Green



My favorite way to start to the day is waking up on my own accord and cooking Gallo Pinto with friends who appreciate it the way I do.

The day started perfect, but I left Atlanta feeling rushed. Which is silly. I wanted to make it to Ivy Green before it closed so I passed on a cool waterfall a scenic road in the Little Canyon National Preserve. The entire drive I felt like I should turn back. When is the next time I will be in Northern Alabama? But, I’m young. So I can always come back. I digress.

I then passed the Alabama Fan Club and Museum. It wasn’t until a few minute later it was in reference to the band. I do like Alabama, but it looked closed (only one car in sight and dark), and I was still worried about time.

I made it to the Unclaimed Baggage Center and was very excited. I had been looking forward to this since I began researching the states back in April of 2010. They have a great website so check it out for more information. I knew in my mind I wouldn’t buy anything and be a little weirded out, yet I loved it. However, I still can’t warp my brain around how people loose or don’t claim this stuff. My favorite was the BCD. Word of advice. Do not go on a Saturday and get there early.

It was time to head to Ivy Green the birthplace of Helen Keller and it was a race against the clock. Halfway there I saw a light bulb. The time change had happened. All that rushing for nothing.

So, no more rushing or skipping stuff. I try to live with no regrets.

Ivy Green was alright. I am glad I went but for some reason wanted to leave Tuscumbia. I felt very strange up there. It is a large town but with small town mentality and I wasn’t in the mood to find the few big city people.



Things are definitely slower paced in Alabama and outside of the cities.

Atlanta is the first place I saw on ramps to the highway controlled by stoplights.

I could see the poverty in Alabama and the architecture reminded me of Fulton, MO.

I think I understand why people travel in the summer besides that they have vacation. Everything is green. Right now so far the south is brown, minus one crop that I do not know.

There are lots of Flea Markets out here.

It’s cool you can see all the NASA Space and Rocket stuff from the highway. You can’t in FL.

Who knew Alabama had so many lakes and rivers? There were so many boats and fisherpeople out today.

I passed this once place that had over thirty dead birds on the highway. Couldn’t figure that one out. Poison? Truck filled with birds flipped? Truck ran through a resting group? Teenagers being stupid? …

Driving makes me think.

Today was leaf burning day in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment