Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bobby



I knew the Civil Rights Center in Birmingham did not open until noon but thought I could find something to do until then. I was wrong. Unless I wanted to go to church there was nothing going on in Birmingham on Sunday morning. I did find a small park to sit in but the sky turned dark and it was about to rain. Although I wanted to see the center I knew there was one in Montgomery and I was soon headed there.

I made the drive to Talladega and was amazed by all the space they had just for camping and tailgating. It must be some party when a race is going on. I walked through the International Motor Sports Hall of Fame and museum but passed on a lap around the track. I am glad I went in. I also liked it better than Indianapolis because it covered all areas of motor sports not just one type. I also made a new friend who chatted me up for awhile and told me a few things about Alabama.

I then took a windy back road to Montgomery. Once in Montgomery I headed to my friend Katrina’s house and got to relax for a bit while she was at class. Once home we went to game night for Girls Night Out. I have never heard of meetup.com but it sound like a great way to get to know people. Especially when you move to a new area.

I LOVE game nights and wish more people did them.

I know I come across as wealthy and educated but sometimes wish I didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment