Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Driving

Gulf Coast, Pickens Fort, New Orleans



I should have started the day early but due to a tummy problem that did not happen. I decided to hit the road, saw the beautiful beach of Destin and drove along the Gulf Coast. It was definitely more mysterious and neat at night but still pretty. The beaches are all white sand and gorgeous with not many people around.

I stopped at the Gulf Coast National Seashore Visitor Center and learned about Fort Pickens. Back in the 1800’s the U.S government spent 5million dollars to build its largest fort. This place was so fun to explore. Also, the beach was really nice here and you couldn’t see any buildings.

The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent in the car.

Pensacola has a very cute little downtown and Pensacola Beach is was fun.

Mobile looks like a gorgeous city and I would love to spend more time there. One of the streets was lined with Oak Trees and mansions! I blow through cities where I don’t know anyone and that’s not good. I also think I can save cities for weekends away.

I like seeing houses and mansions decorated for Mardi Gras. Even in Alabama.

I miss Costa Rica where you can buy just one small packet of crackers.

Roads with lots of traffic lights SUCK!

It’s crazy to think you can still smoke indoors. I went into Wendy’s to pee and it was smoky.

I love Mexican food and it is so nice to see lots of restaurants everywhere. Yum. CT needs to step it up.

People in southern Alabama do not use their turn signals.

I ended up passing on several small towns in Mississippi in order to get to my friends in New Orleans. Like dad said, I can always back track. I’m not that far away.

Once in New Orleans my friend and I went to the airport to pick up another friend. We then all hung out, got caught up, and ate at Cooter Browns.

Yayyyyyyyyyy New Orleans and more RCD girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment