Friday, March 4, 2011

New Orleans

I finally got to do laundry and while this was happening made several new friends. I like being social and everyone here, in New Orleans, is very open and nice.

After my social morning we headed La Madeleine French Bakery and Cafe where Megan got a yummy looking quish. After I heard the best Louisiana accent so far we hopped on the St. Charles Ave Street car and took a slow ride downtown. We walked around for 5 minutes tried on masks and headed back on the car to get back to Bethany’s.

We got to see AMAZING houses and lots of Elvis’s on scooters.

In the evening we made a stop at Daiquiris, a New Orleans tradition, stopped at Bethany’s friends house and headed to the Muses Parade. This was great! I learned a lot about parades and that they are all family fun when you are downtown. We met an amazing couple who took us under their wing, answered our questions and invited us to their mansion for another parade. And of course we got lots beads! No prized shoe yet.

After the parade we headed to Rock N Bowl for some Zydeco dancing but weren’t feeling it. We headed to Oak on Oak street for dinner where I found forty dollars and still feel bad about keeping it. I think I'll buy some homeless person food. Yet I still feel weird.

Maybe tomorrow my tummy will be better and I can enjoy the cuisine of New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment