Monday, March 28, 2011

The 28th



I said goodbye to Anna and El Burque. Before I left I went to an organic co-op and walked around the Nobb Hill area, or something like that.

Santa Fe was a little hard to get around but very cool. It’s so old and surrounded by beautiful mountains. Unfortunately I do not like to shop or have the money to buy art so it wasn’t the town for me. I couldn’t find the small Georgia O’Keefe Museum so I treated myself to lunch at The Shed, which has been open continuously for over 50 years by the same family. I then went to Kakawa Chocolate House for THE BEST hot chocolate drink ever. The woman let me try a few different kinds and told me about an awesome hike. Unfortunately I could not find the hike so I made my way out of town. It’s a great city but one that I would like to visit with someone.

I luckily found the high road to Taos and slowly winded my way to Taos. I got to see beautiful scenery, a cool old church from 1700’s, and really neat small mountain towns.



Wow there is so much art all through northern New Mexico. I think I would stop at more places if I weren’t alone and in the mind set to actually purchase something.

I arrived in Taos and wasn’t really sure what to do. Luckily I found the Visitor Center. They always lay it out right for me. I walked around the art area of Taos and learned a little about this historic town. I was very tired so tomorrow I will see more cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment