Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I like Taos

I made my way to the Taos Pueblo not knowing what to expect. It’s a town that has been continuously inhabited for over 1000 years. That’s cool. I did not want to pay the extra 6 dollars just to take pictures, so they are in my head. Most people live outside the pueblo in the reservation so they can have electricity and water. I felt bad going into the store knowing I wouldn’t buy anything. For that I skipped a few.


I then drove over the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge to get to the Earthship World Headquarters. Not really knowing what it was. I am so glad I went here and learned about it. Many who live there think the world is going to end so they have these sustainable houses. I think others are just green. The girl in the visitor center was from CT and if I ever get a home I want an Earthship Biotecture Green Home (except I won’t call it an earthship). You can grow bananas in the winter.


I went back to the bridge for some pictures and made my way out of Taos. Before I got to Chaco I had to pass over a very narrow dam and drive on 16miles of unpaved road. Costa Rica style.

I made it to Cahco at 5:30pm. Just after the Visitor Center closed. I got some water, set up in the campground and tried to pass the evening. I made a few small fires, took a small walk, then got cold. Luckily the camp hostess was nice and brought me fire wood and info on the park.


Thoughts:

I was very close to a town called San Cristobal. That was my site in Peace Corp.

The mixture of Spanish and Native American in very interesting and strange.

I met a couple from Canada, very nice, and the woman had spirit guides that she communicated with. How do I communicate with mine?

I need to be more outgoing and ask people’s names. I feel funny that others ask me first.

When I was on the bridge two 18wheelers passed by and the bridge shook. Creepy.

I went through the snow covered mountains of New Mexico.

In the middle of the mountains I passed a house with an Israeli flag.

Cattle

No comments:

Post a Comment