Saturday, March 19, 2011

19

I need more pictures of the people I am hanging out with.

I am very tired right now and it has been so busy that I cannot remember any actual names of where I have been at all my time in Austin. It has been enjoyable and a great experience and crowded. They say the festival has increased in visitors by 30% this year which is great for bands trying to get heard and recognition, but not so great for visitors. Locals are saying it is now too crowded. If you do not purchase a pass ranging from $400-$1300 it is very difficult to get into the popular venues. Even though they are meant to be free. Lines are very very long and sometimes you don’t even get in. It’s an interesting set up down here and they may need to look into other strategies for years to come if it continues to grow.

Today… Ride to town, thank you Chris. Wait in line. Watch the group take shot at Library (Nothing for me today). Walk to a few places. Wait in line. Get into Sliders. I think that’s what it was called. Hear an interesting group. I think called Beats Antique. Get hungry. Make friends with bouncers. Get food. Get restless. Take long unsuccessful walk looking for snack food for friends. Head to Mess With Texas. Stop to pee. Stop to hear really good rappers in a back yard turned into venue. Walk to Mess With Texas. Try to get food. Leave Mess With Texas because it was way too crowded. Head off just us girls. Stop at Texaco for water. Meet Irish boys at Library. Take foot bath in fountain. Walk to West Sixth. Walk to warehouse district. Enter bar. Watch basketball. Head home. Get in car. Go to healthy diner. Eat yummy food. Home by 10:30. Shower. Laundry. Type. Kill Bill (the movie that is). Bed.

I still have energy but not for walking and hearing more bands. There is only so much loudness and crowds I can handle either sober or at all. I don’t think I am as independent as I could/should be. People in Austin are so nice and welcoming. I haven’t hung out with anyone actually from here but I think the people who move here are all nice and just good people. It’s awesome that all of Rob’s friends have accepted me as part of the group and now I have new friends. Awesome night with Katie and Colleen and we were all on the same page. Thank you ladies!

I need to take more pictures with people, or of people, but feel funny.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete