Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sunday the Sleepy Day


I woke up early and attempted to head out but stayed a little longer to chat with Ms. Ginger. Whe I was headed out Emily offered me some breakfast pie and it was delicious. After my belly was full of pie and King Cake I said goodbye to everyone one last time. Mr. Ricky walked me out and helped me with my route then I was off. Such great people and an interesting experience. I still feel a little weird about the whole thing so I am not sure what I would do if presented with a similar situation in the future. Oerall I learned a lot and made new friends.

Before leaving town I drove through the actual town of Ville Platt. I saw another FORD dealer, Swamp Pop Museum, and a sign from Simon Squirrel asking you not to litter. I found this ironic and it made me smile since they have squirrel day. I missed the drive through bar but loved how the main road went right through town and it was divided by trees.

I made my way to Natchitoches but was getting very sleepy. It was much bigger than I was expecting, and I had forgotten it was the Steal Magnolias Town. Here, like the rest of Louisiana, the people were really friendly. It is a beautiful town situated on the river with shops and restaurants. I walked around, sat by the river, and decided to pass on seeing some sights from the movie. I was very sleepy. I ended up only driving a little bit more then getting a place to sleep at 4pm.

I did made it to Texas before I stopped and it felt good to be there. However, the people at the rest stop where I stopped for gas were not very friendly and the drivers were crazy aggressive.

LSU has campuses everywhere! In Louisiana of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment