Saturday, March 19, 2011

The 16th



Not too much to report today. I took my time leaving Waco and headed to get my oil changed in Austin. It was the quickest and cheapest oil change of my life.

I finally got a hold of Rob and made my way to meet him. I had no idea what to expect of SXSW and was blown away. Streets were blocked off and people in the streets. It appeared to be like Mardi Gras two but music focused. Then I learned more.

Rob and I regrouped back at his place then made our way to East 6th Street. I was a little worried about not getting in anywhere due to the fact I had not rsvp’d for anything or have wrist bands.

I have no idea the names of the bars we went to or what bands I saw because there were too many to count. Basically you show your ID and get to witness free shows from many different bands from all over the world. In our first place we heard rock followed by trance, and when rap started we went to another place.

Later that night I met a lot of Marios’s hipster friends at their favorite bar. It’s always nice to meet new people and hang out with a diverse crowd.

We made our way back to Rob’s where I got to meet his roommates and their friends.

Who would have thought I’d be in Austin during their biggest music fest. Its slightly ironic since I am not a music aficionado nor did I even know what SXSW was. It’s all part experiencing life and the U.S.

I write a lot. I said I didnt have much to report. Oops

No comments:

Post a Comment