Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mrch 1st of 2011. Maam.

Tuskegee and FL


I left the city of Montgomery to head to another historic place in Alabama. Apparently I took the back way into Tuskegee and felt I was in the middle of nowhere. Tuskegee University just appeared and it was great to see. I walked around a small part of the campus, was the only white person around, and headed to the Carver Museum / Visitor Center. I learned a lot about Booker T Washington, the University, and George Washington Carver. The video was extremely good and it made me feel better that I missed the Booker T. Washington home in Hardy, Va.

I then made my way through the town of Tuskegee to the Tuskegee Airmen Historic site and airstrip. This place was great and I am soooooo glad I went. I learned lots.

I then made the short drive to Auburn so I could see it. So far as a state Alabama has had the most school pride for one school. Missouri does well and of course CT is on top, but Alabama loves their Auburn Tigers. It helps that they have license plates.

I then drove back roads all the way to Panama City FL. I have no idea how long this was but it was a nice drive. I thought I would make it to the back for the sunset but did not. I did however get to drive along Panama City and the water while it was still colorful and pretty. Panama City seems like a fun place for the family just not during March.

The drive along 30A was really beautiful and I think it helped that it was dusk. The cutest freaking town was Seaside. Yes it was surrounded by a resort, which you could not see, but it also had a state park nearby and its main street was lined with food vendors all out of old school silver campers. Too cute.

The Gulf Coast of FL is beautiful. I was surprised of how built up it was but in a different way. I am a fan and would definitely spend more time here. Vacation mom?

I have never been called maam so many times in one day. It makes me feel old.

I like southern hospitality. Especially the men. They go out of their way to open doors and allow women to enter first.

A LOT of the U.S looks the same.

Gas is crazy expensive!!! AGGGHHHHHH. It’s only going to get worse so I guess it’s good I am doing the road trip now. But still, aaaaggghhhh.

College kids look so young now, and I’m only 25.

College cities are fun cities. Especially for food, nightlife, culture and often theater.

Alabama has a lot of uninhabited land.

I got to see the farmland of Northern FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment