Friday, March 11, 2011

The Swamp Tour of March 10


I was going to walk around the French Quarter and take off but decided to stay another day in New Orleans. I hopped online, found a swamp tour,and convinced Bethany to join me. After a quick trip to the dog park we were out the door.

We were running a little late and I was worried about missing the boat. Then after driving on this crazy long bridge over marsh land we had to turn around. Every time Bethany spoke to the Cajun man on the phone we got different directions. He assured us we would not miss the boat. When he knew we were going to miss it he offered to take us to the boat or in a private tour. I was a little uncomfortable with this and wanted to just go back but we finally prevailed.

Once in the middle of nowhere Schriever we paid our money and the boat came back for us. This was not what I was expected from a book I read that had pictures so I was a little disappointed. Just another reason I need to come back. To see the habituated wetlands of Louisiana. The tour guide was a character and we saw lots of alligators, raccoons, and birds. It was a private swamp with no hunting or fishing and the guide fed all the animals. I have no idea what an environmentalist would think of this trip BUT you get to see wildlife!

Once back in New Orleans we had dinner, Bethany headed off to work, and I looked at maps!

No comments:

Post a Comment