Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunday The Sixth


Meg wasn’t feeling so well so the three of us ran to the store for more provisions. We attempted to go to the mask store but due to parades had no such luck.

Once back we had a quick nap then got ready to head downtown for a party and parades. We packed our cooler, grabbed chairs, almost lost our cab, and made our way to a house party. I don’t know how I feel about train car style homes but the party was great and so were the hostesses.

Our spot was pretty far from the parade and at the very end so we didn’t get many throws. However I love the parades so was very happy to be there. I also got to hold a baby.

We attempted to make our way to a bar on Mezzanine Street but turned back due to cab issues and traffic. It was a frustrating end to the night and sad because Meg and Ann had to leave the next morning.

Mardi Gras is whatever you want to make it. Today was costume day and besides cab’s being tough to get I have no complaints. Bourbon Street is crazy crowded but you don’t have to go there. And I have yet to see anyone vomit in the street. So far so clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment