Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 27. Misty in Western Washington


I waited for my passport to come in the mail and said goodbye to Jake. I left his house and had great timing getting to Edmonds for the HUGE car ferry. I then slowly and in the rain drive to and into Olympic National Park. I stopped a few times on my way to the hike to Sol Duc Falls. Although rainy it was BEAUTIFUL. I loved the rolling rock and moss fall better than Sol Duc, but both were inspiring. I stopped at the Sol Duc Hot Lodge and last minute decided to soak up some sulfer. The place was crowded and when they closed one pool for cleaning it over crowded the other. Not wanting to fight the people I made the drive out of park where I sat by a beautiful lake. The weather began to clear and as I looked over a lake at snow capped mountains I made some phone calls and wrote a few letters. I like nature.


Thoughts:

Even thought the park is under clouds it looks like pretty mountains. Then when you enter its beautiful misty rainforest covered in soft moss.

I think Olympic National Park would be better for back country hiking or longer hikes.

I really like the Pacific Northwest. Especially Oregon and Washington.

I saw a beautiful rainbow, then minutes later a full rainbow over a lake with snow covered mountains in the background. It was so close I could have gone after the gold.

I really want to learn to surf well.

Port Angeles, Washington has a great geographical location with views of the mountains and water.

I saw a Twilight, like the movie, storefront thing. Very strange, but fitting for up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment