Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 28, 2011. I Know It’s a Road Trip of the U.S But….


Early morning I woke to catch a Ferry to Victoria, BC where I have always wanted to visit. I was so close I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. I only had a few hours there but was assured that would be plenty of time. I thought I would let everyone off the boat before me so I could just read as the line died down. It’s a good thing I am patient but it was a bad decision. Due to a full boat I waited in the customs line for over an hour. Then I was put through the inquisition of Canada. Damn they were serious and untrusting of everyone. I cannot imagine living that way. Once in Victoria, hehe I’m Victoria, I did some walking tours, got some lunch, had an amazing chocolate from Rogers, looked for trinkets, explored a huge old hotel , and enjoyed the artists. That was it.

I made my way to Port Townsend for an 8:30 ferry which I had a reservation for. However, I arrived at 6pm. I bribed the ferry attendant (at least he wanted me to), and got in line for the 6:45 ferry to Coupeville. I was bummed I didn’t get to see Port Townsend so I abandon my car in the loading line to hustle into historic town and walk around, which I am so glad I did. Port Townsend is an amazing old artsy port town. I loved it! The ferry drops you off on Whidbey Island, which I am still not sure why I have heard of it. Probably because it is freaking gorgeous and panoramic. I made the beautiful drive off the island, with a quick stop to walk over Deception Pass, heading up to Bellingham with beautiful sunset to accompany me.


Thoughts:

Um, why does the automated ferry update message tell you there are no spaces when there are tons? And why do you need a reservation if you can show up, get a space, and the ferry isn’t even full?

There was a street named Kitchen Dick and a river named Jimmy-Come-Lately.

I love having my windows down in the car for fresh air but sometimes it is way too loud.

I could maybe live on Whidbey Island

No comments:

Post a Comment