Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday May 26. I Like Seattle


I awoke to a not so bad weather day in Seattle. I took the bus to the Experience Music Project and sci-fi museum which was extremely technological and interesting but crowded with school kids. I walked down to the Olympic Sculpture Park and from there to the market. I hoped in line to get some food at Piroshky Piroshky and while eating talked to random Mick about the first Starbucks. He had some damn good info. Don’t know if it’s true, but I’m buying it. It began to sprinkle but I made the walk to public library anyways. This may be one of my favorite buildings in the U.S. It also amazes me how libraries are safe havens for homeless. From the library I walked to the historic area of Pioneer Square. Under recommendation of Jake I did the underground tour, which was soooo informative and a must do! Who knew there was an underground to Seattle? I walked around a bit, saw the fire fighter memorial, and walked in rain to catch a bus back. It just so happened I saw Jake on my bus. We hopped off and grabbed dinner at Cuban shop in Fremont. The rest of the night was spent finally getting caught up on my blog, and “helping” Jake pack for his backpacking trip.


Thoughts:

Why build a city on such difficult land? Is it really worth the money and time? I guess that plays into the Seattle Motto. It also says a lot about the U.S.

I love that there a no chain stores in downtown Seattle!

You could totally lie on tours as a tour guide. I’m glad they don’t and that I learned about Seattle’s real history and the Seamstress women and the cities sewing machine tax.

I had no idea Seattle hated Tacoma so much. The humor was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment