Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wednesday May 25: All For a Doughnut


I said goodbye to Cristina and Jared and headed back into Portland. My GPS failed me miserably but I have a good sense of direction and got to see some BEAUTIFUL neighborhoods. I stopped in the Laurel Hurst area and went into one of Powell’s like 500 book stores. I think I love Powell’s Books and all their different shops. I met a very kind lady who tried to help me find Voodoo doughnuts. This was my original destination. After two and a half hours I got to Voodoo Too and enjoyed a Bacon Maple Bar. Although I refer to the experience as the doughnut fiasco, it was worth it to see this place. Too bad the original location was closed for renovations. I then made the wet but pretty drive back to the Coast to Cannon Beach. Finally I have found a west coast town that reminds me of quaint New England. On my way up the coast I stopped at the Lewis and Clark Fort Clatsop, which I had no idea was there. After a quick drive around maritime Astoria I crossed the beautiful bridge into Washington State. I wanted to drive on the Long Beach Peninsula more but got stuck behind a slow driver and had to turn around. The beautiful peninsula and Kite Museum and Hall of Fame will have to wait till next time. I wanted to get to the Mount Saint Helens visitor center before it closed. I made it with only 15 minutes until five and didn’t get to see any of the exhibits, or the volcanoes due to clouds. So I made the drive to Seattle. I wanted to get to Jakes so I passed on Olympia and Tacoma. Tes reminded me that I hadn’t seen Jake in three years. Its crazy how time flies!


Thoughts:

Northeastern Washington really does look like the Twilight movies. I guess it should be vice versa.

When you only have one day in a place the weather can really affect your opinion of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment