Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thurs. April 28th-Mon. May 2nd Better than the Royal Wedding

I must begin by saying: Unfortunately I do not have any pictures, yet.

I arrived late Thursday and did not want to bother the boys so I enjoyed my amazing hotel (which I had previously mentioned).

Friday morning I woke up early for an amazing breakfast then went back to the very comfy bed. Although I did not pay attention to the TV during breakfast I did see the royal dress. I got a late checkout, had some yummy cookies, then made my way back to the airport. No I was not leaving Indiana. I may have offended the shuttle lady (which I feel a little bad about) by not sitting in front, but I think it turned out okay because I wasn’t judging her on some of her strange views.

I made it to the airport, got a seat, and waited for Tes and Emily to arrive. It was so nice to see them and get a hug. We realized Sarah, Frazier, and Bethany were all at the hotel and Kelsey was close so we headed outside to wait for Kels. It was a little chilly so we found the sun and then saw Kels pull up. It was so nice to get picked up at the airport and get caught up on each other’s lives.

The moment we pulled into the parking lot we got to see, and hug, Matt (the groom) and Heath. The moment we entered the hotel we saw everyone else. I forgot how loud we are when all together and how nice it is to be together. I thought the commonality between sorority sisters was cool, but the bond between Returned Peace Corps volunteers is just amazing.

Then on our way to get a snack we ran into Anna who had driven in from NY. The gang was all together. Well, except for a few who didn’t make it to the wedding. You know who you are. We grabbed a snack, then all got ready. We had some amazing luck entering the hotel because upon our return from a snack at Bourbon Street we got to see Ann Marie for the first time. Her dress was amazing and she looked beautiful. That was our first time “meeting her”.

We headed the to the Indian Historical Society for the wedding, cocktail hour, and reception. The room was great and lighting beautiful. Outside the sun was shining and right on the canal. The ceremony was not religious, short and beautiful. I think three brides maids and grooms men is a good number. We closed the place down and were the liveliest group there. It was a great wedding. Usually weddings are for getting to know new people, but we all just wanted to get caught up with each other. We kept trying to think of who would get married next so we can get together again.

After the reception we headed back to Bourbon Street, the bar, not street, and I was so impressed when Ann Marie came up the stairs in her wedding dress. The newlywed couple hung out with all of us, and many other guests, in the bar for quite awhile. What a great couple.

The next morning we headed to Matt’s childhood home and had an amazing day there. The weather was great and his parents made a lovely brunch with food, drinks, and games for us out of towners. It was a perfect day, and it wasn’t even over. We were there all day and I hung around until the end to drive the couple back to their house. They have such a pretty kitty that they can’t take to Costa Rica nd I wanted it! If I wasn’t on the road trip it would have been mine! We then all met up again for a AAA baseball game. Of course the Indianapolis Indians lost but we all had a great time. I got in a mustard fight with Dan, which I feel really bad about, and we all got to see Heaths body building pictures. Although the couple called it a night us Peace Corps people headed to Adobe (or something like that) to celebrate Emily’s birthday, dance some salsa, and get amazing food. Unfortunately the music was sooo loud I didn’t stay after dinner. I really don’t like loud places, and it was around midnight. Luckily I didn’t have to go home alone. No, no stranger from the bar. Kels wasn’t feeling well, Sarah was sleepy, and Heath wasn’t feeling the noise either. Good times, good times.

Sunday morning I had to say goodbye to all my friends but Anna and Heath. We had a hot breakfast in the hotel together and they slowly trickled away. A little later, once we made it out of the hotel and parking lot, Anna drove us to a neat part of Indianapolis to meet Matt and Ann Marie for lunch. Anna was going to leave us, but made a last minute great decision to stay for some yummy Thai.

After lunch Anna took off and the newlyweds drove Heath and I to the airport. Ann Marie taught me how to play with the Ipad 2 and it was great. Once at the airport it was time to say goodbye to this amazing couple. I am so happy they are such a Pura Vida pair and we got to hang out so much. I wasn’t flying out until Monday morning so I caught a shuttle to the airport and at 2pm went to bed. I then awoke to watch some Glee, eat a little, and rented a movie for my I-pod. Wow am I getting good at technology, insert laughter here.

Monday morning I awoke early to take my flights back to San Francisco and see my mommy.

What a great wedding weekend with great people and a great couple! Stay tuned for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment