Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tuesday May 24. Spicy Mango



Leif and his father had to work early so the three girls went to breakfast at Hale’s. I said goodbye to me new friends drove around Portland for a bit seeing Portland State, Pearl district, and everything in between. The sun was shining (for the first time in months) so I took a scenic drive out 84. I hiked to the top viewpoint of the Multnomah waterfall but my favorite part was where you could feel the spray. I drove over The Bridge of the Gods and wondered what made it so godly. I drove on the scenic side to Hood River known for its wind surfing and got to see two wind surfers that day. I drove back on 84 wanting to cross back over the godly bridge but missed it. So I headed to Vancouver Washington to meet Cristina via highway. We met at her adorable place and headed back into Portland to eat some yummy food at Urban Fondue, and drink martinis. It was happy hour and I wanted to try something new so I went for the spicy mango martini. Interesting. I helped Cristina clean a Bikram Yoga studio and I learned A LOT about Bikram Yoga studios. Once back we hang out with Jared and called it a night. I love that all my friends have jobs. I just feel bad making them stay up. Oh well, it’s worth it!


Thoughts:

The on/off ramps off of 84 in Oregon are crazy unique. I’ve never experienced them before.

The Pearl area seems ritzier than the rest of Portland and has a lot of new glass buildings.

I really like how green and uninhabited Oregon feels.

When I crossed the bridge into Hood River there was a gorgeous view of a snow covered Mount Hood. I now have a great mental picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment