Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day Eight




The Trip,
The trip the trip is oh so fun.
The trip the trip, is not for everyone.
I will visit places near and far
I will do it all, in my car.

I thought I would start with a poem since my friends in IL just read my poetry from when I was eight years old. Thanks for the support Brett Lee and FRIENDS!


I started the day saying good bye to my good friend and her husband in KY. I headed to Indianapolis for a few hours. My first stop was the NCAA Hall of Champions, awesome place in a great location. Normally I like museums alone but this one needs a buddy to fully share in the fun it offers. I then headed to the Medal of Honor Monument and walked around downtown. Really nice city but can’t say the same for the state.


After downtown I headed a few minutes away to non other than the Indianapolis Speedway. When in Indy. I only paid for the museum and not the trip around the track but if you’re a real fan it’s probably worth the extra five dollars.

I then chose to take a back way up to the Indiana National Sand Dune and Shoreline Park. In Ohio and PA they had beautiful back roads. Indiana did not. This one was long and long. The park was really pretty and only 45 minutes outside Chicago. The best part was the view of Chi Town across the lake and the old houses from the Chicago Fair. I was happy to see they are restoring a few.

I was surprised we could actually walk on the dunes and they weren’t protected better. I oh most rain down the sand dune but walked in stead. Many people were swimming but there were signs saying that bacteria levels were too high for safe swimming. Just another reason why it’s hard to live in a land locked state.


Indianapolis was a beautiful city and seemed like it had a lot to offer but I am not yet impressed with the state or the people. Sorry Indiana people. I am sure there are nice ones.

Once in Chicago I went straight to my friends house and I have been here hanging out ever since. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but it may be a nice lazy day with my friends, and maybe Brett Lee.

1 comment: