Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Six, aliens


I woke up and said goodbye to my hosts taking a back road to Cleveland. I made it to The Rock and Roll hall of fame with no problems. I pulled out of a en dollar parking lot for a six dollar parking lot and I am so glad I did. The cheaper parking lot happened to be in front of the National Women in Space Museum. Very nice to see. On my walk to Rock and Roll I was able to see the U.S Cod.

At first I was very overwhelmed by the crowd and content on the first floor of the museum. There was no space to enjoy leisurely. The next five floors were much more convenient and wonderful. The best part is the Hall of Fame wall. Only bummer is that I was not able to see two exhibits for there was a teachers conference going on. Not fair.

I then headed to Chillicothe for the Hopewell Mound Site. So cool and the Park Ranger was amazingly helpful. Now I am in no way an alien freak but it makes you wonder. The United States has mounds, Europe crop circles, Egypt pyramids and who knows what else. If scientist can’t explain them, can’t find the tools, and can’t explain their cultures, how were they built? Regardless, the mounds are very unique, sad, and worth seeing or at least knowing they exist. Whether the history is actual or not is not the point. They are very cool.

I then headed to KY to my friends house. Her and her husband treated me to a yummy Mexican dinner, gave me a nice tour, and tomorrow we are planning more fun. Thanks to all!

So far Pennsylvania has the most beautiful farms

West Virginia has the most expensive gas

Road kill makes me sad, like very sad for at least a few minutes

Do I have a passion? It’s not music, not sports, art….. Is it travel? Do I have a passion?
I used to be a much more thoughtful generous person. Peace Corps has made me less thoughtful and I don’t like that. Maybe because I had to give so much for two and a half years now I am drained. I hope I get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment