Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Five, Construction



Construction sucks! Trips that should be short are not, and then I get confused and I don’t like that.

So many things go through my head in the car that I want to write. However, it is not safe to write and drive so they are lost.

Pittsburgh was really nice. I just wish I could have done something. Monday is not a good day to be in Pittsburgh. Also, before you drive down town to do a walking tour you downloaded for your iPod you should make sure it works. I drove around what seemed like a nice city, parked again and wanted to have breakfast at a highly recommended Piramati Brothers than go to The Cathedral of Learning. Both were not open and I wanted to get on the road so they will be saved for next time.

I then drove down to Falling Waters. This was the house Frank Lloyd Wright designed for the Kaufmanns and now it is an amazing museum. The grounds pass was cheap and there were some very helpful people working. If you want more info I am sure the tour is great. The girl and guide helping me were so knowledgeable but did not know enough to be tour guides. Imagine what they know!

After hours of circles, maybe a fine, traffic and closed roads I took a scenic route to New Philadelphia. I wanted to stop at this gorgeous lake but needed to be at the Visitor Center before it closed. Thank goodness I made it because I got a free ticket to a show.

The show was at times rather agonizing. It didn’t start until 8:30 and let out at 11pm. It was also way too religious for my likings. It was described as a play about the history of the valley. That it was, and a night at church. The outdoor amphlitheater.

After a call from Costa Rica, I went to bed.

My thoughts from the day:
Traffic is no fun

Why go hiking in the woods when you can go off roading. Thank you Garmin

Construction is no fun

PA tolls are HORRIBLE. I think the worst I have ever experienced

MINI CONES for 25cents are AMAZING. I hope they are at all McDonalds

I would like to share a direct quote. Black car facing wrong way in McDonalds drive through “You done fucked it up.” Then they peeled away very loudly.

West Virginia Welcomes you with Cabelas

And so far, Ohio people are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment