Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day Seven. I didn’t drive once




After a good night’s sleep in air conditioning at a friend’s from college, she took me on a great tour of Cincinnati. Yes, I am in KY.

Our first stop was to Findlay Market. Although the outdoor market was closed it was great to walk through the oldest outdoor market in the United States. I can only imagine the crowds and scenes on a Saturday.

We then drove to the very old, very large, Museum Center at Union Terminal. We saw my first Imax film in years and learned lots about creatures of the sea.

After we drove through the University of Cincinnati campus and stopped at the International Friendship Park. If it weren’t so hot and humid we would have walked more. We saw a large part of the park and it was beautiful.

Our next stop was to eat. After driving around downtown we found a place to park and had lunch in the lounge of the very nice Palomino. Yummy. Dessert was the local Graters Ice Cream. Yummy as well but no moo cow.

We then spent the next few hours at the Freedom Center, the national museum of the Underground Railroad. I really like when museums are affordable, only $10 for students, and have those individual hand held audio tour devices. The museum was informational, beautiful and moving.

The only down side I have with a lot of museums is that they are TOO wordy, or full. It becomes overwhelming and I get sleepy. Oh well. I can always look up more info online.

I then went to relax by a pool and had a yummy yummy dinner at a Hibachi grill. Thanks Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment