Sunday, August 15, 2010

August 14, Statriotic Bourbonalism




I was able to sleep in a little while my friend was at a Conference. I spent the morning with her father learning about Farm Auditing, a little bit of Military Life, fishing and family. While all of this was going on we got to go fishing twice, and I almost went frog giggen, almost. Our fishing trips were at a store and his uncles fish pond, but it was fishing none the less. After we arrived back home and names were given to the new family members it was time to play.

Micki and I headed to our last Bourbon Distillery on the KY Bourbon Trail, Jim Beam. After a very warm stop for lunch at Wallace Station again, we made it just in time for the last tasting of the day. While waiting we walked around, took some pictures and played in an old fire truck. We then decided we did not need to taste more Bourbon even if it was Jim Beam top shelf. Instead we ate a mini mocha blizzard. That’s more our style than bourbon.

Once in Louisville the sky started to change and wow did it storm and pour. After almost non visible driving we pulled over to watch it rain. Got a little wet, wanted to play in puddles, and made it to our friends house as the storm was stopping. After seeing the best Louisville bathroom ever we headed downtown for some dinner.

I have never seen such a large Spaghetti Warehouse. The hour wait was not too bad, but I didn’t love my weird cheese dinner. This place was a table chop shop and good at it. We then drove down the always fun Bardstown Dr. and it is much bigger than I thought. Dessert was at this very fun fruity yogurt place called Cefiore. Sitting on a bench with friends, people watching, and listening to The Twelve Days of Alaska was a great way to end the night. Well, besides the drive home where I learned that if you hyphenate two boys name in the South you get a girl’s name.

No comments:

Post a Comment