Monday, August 2, 2010

The First of August

I would like to say I woke up and participated in a triathlon but that would be a lie. I stayed sleeping while Emily won 10th overall in her very first triathlon. Very impressive and props to her.

Once alive I headed out to meet another friend from school. Although she is in med school in Kansas City she luckily had to be in St. Louis. She picked me up and I finally got to meet her dog after years. We then had a beautiful brunch at Wildflower followed by some gelato. I also ate my very first eggs Benedict and quite enjoyed it. Of course it was nice to see her and catch up.

Later in the afternoon I played my first game of scrabble in years with Emily and her mom then headed out to meet another friend from school for dinner.

I am not sure how in my three years in the university in MO I never went to the town of St. Charles. It is so freaking cute and very Victoria. I had forgotten the thing to do in small towns was drive up and down the main street . I also looked past the fact that everything closes at 8 on Sundays because I love cobblestone man streets. After a typical Missouri meal we found a place open for dessert. Those who know me know I do not like beer, however for some reason I could not pass up the opportunity to have a sampler of their own brews. The setup was the best part and the beer wasn’t atrocious.

I love being back in the United States and able to catch up with people as well as communicate more freely. Although weirded out by the amount of iPhones that exist and peoples addiction to them I think I will be okay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment