Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16, Yellow Taillights mean it’s an export




Instead of starting the day early and going to Lincoln’s Birthplace I thought it was best to enjoy the morning with my friend than head to Bowling Green, Kentucky. Home of the National Corvette museum, not operated by Chevrolet, and their Corvette Assembly Line.

The Hall of Fame was just beautiful. Classy, informative and so unique. I loved seeing the license plates lining one room as well as the corvette collage made of pictures from people with their cars. It’s fun to think that’s the car I grew up driving. Now I want another one. Not great for road tripping but nice to look at.

The unexpected time change gave me a few extra hours before my friends flight landed so I was able to take the Assembly Line Tour. This was soooo cooool. Strict rules but just so cool to see. I learned LOTS about how to tell corvettes apart as well as the amazing custom options you can have. Like buikding your own engine in Michigan, then watching it being put together on the line before you pick it up.

I had just missed Brad Paisley picking up his two new Vettes. I feel bad for him. Which means I feel bad for any famous person. He can’t even pick up his new car without having to pose or a few pictures. I was curious as to why there were tour buses in the enclosed parking area.

I then left the tour two minutes early in order to get on the road to Nashville. If it were not for some CRAZY traffic (over a half hour for five miles), and a cell dead zone, it would have been much easier. My friend arrived safely and did not panic at my lateness so all was good.

We then headed to hang our place for the night at my band leaders house. If not for more crazy traffic that would have been quicker too. Once there and introductions complete we headed to Café Coco. Very hipster and great food. Good choice.

After meeting a small dog named Vinyl it was time for planning and bed. YAY friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment