Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24, Black Kitten




You know it’s not a good sign when the employees at a Visitor Center struggle to give you information on what to do in their state. The good thing is the two things they informed me on were awesome.

The town of St. Michaels Maryland boasts it is one of Americas cutest towns and I would have to agree. I fell in love with this town and wanted to buy so much here. It also helps that its closest city, Easton was equally quant but larger in size. I cannot say the same thing about the town I went through earlier. Cambridge could be a cool historic place but needs some work and better marked roads. It wasn’t horrible but Easton is definitely where the action is.

Also in Easton is the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, or something like that. This very large, working harbor is such a gem. You can watch boats being made, see art, and play on the pier and try your luck at different types of fishing. Not to mention the different exhibits and great information on the history of the Bay. I was able to climb an old light house and watch some cool videos. I could have learned a lot too but wasn’t in the mood to retain information.

Leaving Easton I headed directly for Annapolis but unfortunately arrived too late. The last tour took place at 2:30pm and I had just missed the last trolley tour of the historic city. Knowing I would be back down this way I decided to leave and head to Baltimore. Baltimore seems like a GREAT city but not car friendly. Parking was crazy expensive and traffic insane. I decided flying into Baltimore would be the best way to explore the city as well as DC. I know I will get there someday soon and plans are already underway.

Leaving Baltimore I headed for a familiar home in Philadelphia. I was treated to homemade dinner, a cute movie and good old hanging out. The night ended with clothes, Gilmore Girls, and internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment