Thursday, August 5, 2010

Freaks and Geeks. August 1-5. Recap of a few days.

Although a few days have passed that does not mean the fun has. Also, I may have been too harsh on Missouri, or maybe not. I think I just forgot how much I actually like St. Louis. It has some great areas and fun activities. It has also helped me realize more about where I want to live. Which is one goal of the trip. Not a big goal, but none the less, a goal.

Now where did I leave off? After a really nice few days in St. Louis seeing my friend from high school and seven friends from University I headed to my old college town of Fulton, Missouri. I refer to it as the mullet capital of the world so I am sad to report in my few days there I did not see any mullets.

I did see my little sis from my sorority, Chi Omega, two advisors from Chi Omega, my favorite professor, and that may be it. I missed out on seeing a few other people, and that may be my fault for not planning well. On the upside I did meet a few new people.

It was nice to see the old town, drive around, eat some fried pickles, and see the changes. The best part was seeing people of course.

After the quick trip it was time to head back to St. Louis for a Cardinals Game. It’s a good thing I can handle the heat because it was a hot one. I cannot wait to live in a place where I can follow sports again and go to more games. Thanks to a promotional thing the Cardinals had Emily was able to get free tickets. It was a fun night and a night of firsts. My first time in the new stadium (although I am still not sure why they needed one), first time in the Metro in St. Louis, and first time, in a long time, I saw fireworks at a baseball game.

Today, the fifth, was another good day of seeing more people, more of St. Louis, and catching up with friends lives. I also learned about Groupons and their amazing system to help city dwellers. Thanks to a form of Groupon I had an amazing Brazilian dinner with Emily and then an Elvis Gooey Butter Cake with Sarah and Meg. Now it is time for the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Sorry no pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment