Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011. The Day Started Well, Than Just Got Long


My favorite battlefield in the U.S is now Battle of Little Bighorn in the Crow Agency. Both sides were represented well. It’s great to know they changed the name from Custards Last Stand to be more equally representative. I also liked how crowded it was. I know I hate crowds but for some reason it made me happy to see this place crowded.

When I looked at the map I realized if I stayed on 90 I could see badlands and the center of the U.S. I really wanted to all three of these things and no road trip would be complete without a trip to Wall Drug. It is definitely worth it and much better than South of the Border. Oh tourist traps.


The drive was MUCH longer than I thought, about 90miles and I got sleepy. So, tomorrow I will see the badlands and back track. Back tracking wouldn’t be a necessity but I need to get to North Dakota, want to be in the middle of the U.S, an don’t want to hit flood land.

Thoughts:

I wanted a bracelet from a Custard Battle place but it was Anglo owned and I decided I could make it myself.

Only the National Battlefield names was changed the stores all said Custard.

I couldn’t use the bathroom because there was flooding danger. Huh? It was also crazy hot out!

Oh long drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment