Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5-30. Yum Nature


I left Idaho and continued on Route 2 into Montana. Where I took a picture for Emily on her birthday.

I wanted to stop at some old trading post but had a little oopsy and took a more direct road to Glacier National Park.

I also forgot to mention I had a burger and fries for breakfast yesterday. I wanted to try Jack-In-The-Box before I left the West. Wasn’t too impressed but, I did like that you could get breakfast and lunch anytime!

I made it to Glacier National Park and stopped at the Welcome Center in West Glacier. However, it was the welcome center for Alberta, Canada. Who knew I was so close, and how strange the welcome center is in the U.S.

The park was beautiful BUT only 15miles of Going to The Sun road was open due to plowing above 5,000ft. I was bummed and the park was crowded because it was Memorial Day. At least 15 miles was open, right? I know I’ll be back and I think a helicopter tour would be THE BEST way to see all o the park. However, that was not financially possible by myself. I did LOVE how crisp and clean it smelled. Yum, nature.


Thoughts from the Day:

I should have brought a bike and kayak with my on the road trip. Especially the bike.

I love National Parks that have shuttles. They all should GO GREEN, especially Yellowstone.

Route 2 in Montana heading up to the park had a CRAZY amount of deaths on it. They mark the spot with a white cross. Good remembrance? A warning? Creepy? I wonder what year they started?

THERE ARE POWERLINES EVERWHERE!!!!! Agggghhhh. Go green or put them underground please.

Highway 93 from Kalispell to Missoula may be my favorite road in the U.S.

Polson, MT has an amazing location.

Missoula is flat and big in the middle of the valley. You can see it all as you approach. It’s also filled with neighborhoods, and hard to find the small downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment