Monday, June 6, 2011

June 5, 2011. Wisconsin Dairy Day


I wanted to spend the day at Liz’s in Minnesota but also wanted to meet up with Lynn in Madison, WI when she was done with her practice boards. It’s hard to get Lynn to take a fun break and I had a good feeling about today so I headed to Madison.

I skipped two towns on my way as well as the exit to Baraboo thinking I could get Lynn to go with me to Circus World. I was right, but we ran into a little trouble. I also didn’t get to go to the last bank Jesse James tried to rob because it didn’t open until 1pm. Nor did I go to the Laura Engels Wilder museum. It was three hours in the opposite direction. Even though I missed a bit I did get to smell popcorn throughout the entire town of Northfield, MN. They have the Cereal factory that makes the knock off bagged cereal and you can tell what they are making depending on what the town smells like.

I drove through Madison and went straight to Lynn’s. I picked her up and we had beer battered cheese curds and burger at the Great Dane ub. For some more dairy we headed to the beautiful crowded Union of University of Wisconsin for some AMAZING Wisconsin Babcock Ice-cream. We drove a back road to Circus World having been informed it was open until 6pm. When we arrived at 4ish we were told not to waste money due to the shows being over for the day and needing more than two hours to experience it. Instead from a river bank we watched a girl slide over river on a rope by her neck.

We than left town only to turn around so I could experience Blain’s Farm and Fleet. It is a HUGE one stop shop for farmers in MN. They have everything! As well as candy in pound size bags.

We than left town again to see the Wisconsin Dells. I had no idea they were so big, and dead. They are the largest cluster of water parks in the world and school is not quite out yet. It would have been the perfect time to play. Instead we saw an upside white house with the words Top Secret written on it and cardboard cutouts of Obama and Bush. We went in to figure out what it was and decided to experience what was described as a guided tour of an upside down white house. Kinda like a fun house meets a haunted house. 12 dollars later we were still wondering what on earth we had just experienced. I like to describe it as a badly guided history lesson and haunted house for children. Well, now we know.
We than walked up and down main street in the dells. Lynn purchased fresh cheese curds and my Wisconsin sampler was complete. We headed back to Lynn’, had some dinner, took a walk, and called it a night.

Thoughts:

I passed the Mayo Clinic and had to call dad to remind me why I had heard of it.

I saw a really cool handicap van at a rest stop. The father was in a wheelchair but the van was adapted to make him the driver.

You can buy cheese, liquor, and beer in one location.

You can also buy cheese at a rest stop that has fresh flowers in the restroom. Fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment