Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10th, 2011. My Last Day On the Road.


After a comfy night’s sleep I slowly awoke and got ready. Once up Anna and I headed to The Original Pancake House for a delicious breakfast. I’m glad she ordered the Dutch Baby so I could try it. Who knew lemon is good with sweet stuff?

I was then driven through the town of Orchard Park where Anna lives and we soon departed. I should have gone to the organic dairy farm where Anna works but was felt it was too out of the way. I think I was just excited about getting home.

I made the drive to Le Roy, NY which is the home of Jell-O. This was to be my last stop on the road trip before arriving home. I wanted to drive from Albany to Hartford via Albany Ave but wasn’t sure if it still existed. On the map route 44 does not go into Albany.


The town of Le Roy is rather historic in New York and the Historical Society did a good job with the Jell-O Museum. They also had a transportation exhibit in the basement and another house to represent the town. One of the rooms was an oddity room. It was neat, strange, and sad. The stuffed circus giraffe head was the sad part.

Thoughts from my last day:

Batavia NY seemed like a not too shabby town.

People in New York State refer to New York City as New York. Interesting.

I passed about a dozen travel service centers off of I-90 and none had Dunkin Donuts! They all had stupid Starbucks. I did not stop.

I always look to the right or left when I cross a bridge and when I entered Beckett, MA I saw a moose wading in the water of a river/marsh area surrounded by green. I smiled.

I passed a strange sign that said something like “You are passing the highest point on an interstate besides one of the Dakotas?” I didn’t get to read it well.

Ummmm, what happened to the exit for route 8 off of I-90 in Mass? Maybe the moose distracted me.

I made great time home from south of Buffalo!

There is still more I would like to do and see in the U.S, but for a main goal:

Road Trip Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment