Friday, June 10, 2011

June 8th, 2011. My 50th!


I woke up early and finished my tuna sandwich from Bernard’s than went back to bed. When I officially got up to take off I noticed some water dripping from my door. I than peeked in front and noticed all the icky bugs were off my car. While I slept Dennis had cleaned my car! I love the Hill’s! I said goodbye to Dubster and Den and made my way to Michigan. I had a jam packed stop at the gas station and as I was leaving I was the only one left. I was than Welcomed to Michigan. I had made it!

I wanted to do much more in Michigan, like the shipwreck museum and UP, but they’ll have to wait. My first stop was Holland, where I was going to see a windmill. However, you had to pay to go see it. I thought it was a public park.

I left town and went to Grand Rapids. I toured the Gerald Ford Museum and learned A LOT! Of all the Presidential libraries and Museums I have visited this was my favorite. It was done beautifully and they had a beautiful photography exhibit of soldiers in all U.S wars.


I made the drive to Detroit where I called it a night. I love Subway for their $5 footlongs.

Thoughts:

At the gas station there was an advertisement for lighters and you had to be 19 years old to enter the website. Nineteen?

I saw the worst billboard. The dentist was on the left and a cup of water with dentures on the right. It read, “Don’t die with your teeth in a cup.”

I went over the Kalamazoo River. Hehe, Kalamazoo

I was driving 73 mph and being passed.

Now that I have been to all 50 states I feel weird. I don’t want to be obnoxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment