Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The seventh

I said goodbye to my friends in Madison and hit the road. I made my way to Milwaukee and once I figured out what I was doing I loved the city and did a lot.

My first stop was at the Harley Davidson Museum. It was a great museum with a lot to see and do. I wanted to start the actual Harley but didn’t have the right shoes or time. It took me longer to get my bearings in the city, it was also very warm.


My next stop was at the Pabst mansion. Like the original PBR people. This building was huge and beautiful. I hoped on a tour a little late, and it was a little too detailed, but I loved the house. I also learned A LOT about the family.


It was now 2pm and I wanted to be in Chicago around 2:30. For those who don’t know that’s normally a two hour drive. Before I left Wisconsin I needed to go to a brewery. The state is known for their beer, micro breweries, and alcoholism. So, I took a picture of the Miller factory and left. I than turned around and decided a trip to the gift shop was needed even though I could not do the hour long tour. The place was huge and I got to see a lot as I drove to the Visitor Center. They actually say Welcome to the Miller Center where its Miller time all the time.


I than made the drive to Chicago where I got to see the Hills, take a shower and relax with friends. We made our way to Bernards for a yummy sandwich. Kristen met with us and it was great to catch up. Cass, Kristen and I headed over to check on some cats and watch The Voice.

I brought desert back to the house, we enjoyed our yummy coke gummies, and called it a night.

Thoughts:

Wisconsin is lush and green.

Milwaukee has a lot to do but a small hard to find Visitor Center.

SOOOOOO much construction!

What is a Crash Investigation Site?

I wonder if states with tolls are less in debt than other states?

No comments:

Post a Comment