Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June, 6. The Circus!


Wow is it hot in Wisconsin! I woke up, dropped Lynn off at the med school, and went to the park to enjoy a breeze and nice view. Around 9am I made my way to Steph’s new house. It was so good to see her after five and a half years. She recently got engaged, bought a house, and has bull mastiff puppies. After playing with the adorable puppies we made our way to a deli set up like a circus with a carousel outside, but it wasn’t open for breakfast. Instead we ate at the private airports public dinner. It was a great location and great to get caught up. I dropped her off at home, got to meet her fiancĂ©, see her bike, and a strange part of her new house.

I than made the drive back to Baraboo to enjoy Circus World. To celebrate my Nana’s 61st anniversary of her 29th birthday, I went to the circus. This place is WONDERFUL. I spent three hours looking at everything and only seeing one magic/illusion show. The show wasn’t the best but the place really is. Everything was so vibrant, historical, and beautiful. I had a constant smile on my face. I even bought a book about it.


Once back at Lynn’s, I relaxed for a minute, had some lunch, and we then headed to a coffee shop with wine and smoothies. After a few hours it was break time so we headed to State Street. While eating macaroni and cheese pizza from Ian’s Pizza I learned a lot about Wisconsin politics and their awful Republican leader. We than took a walk around state street to find a used book store, and found one. I purchased “Journey to the Center of the Earth” and we headed to the Union area again to meet Steph for ice cream.

The three of us ate some ice-cream and chatted as the sun set on the lake. I dropped Lynn off at home, checked out Lucky’s Bar, which Steph manages, and we all called it a night. After a long hot, muggy day, I was ready for some air conditioning and a shower.


Random:

Wisconsin is 9 months winter and 3months construction.

I actually saw a train stop at a gas station and the conductors went in for snacks. A train! Choo Choo

No comments:

Post a Comment