Saturday, June 4, 2011

To Minneapolis I Go, again


I walked around Duluth, which is very cute, and wanted to go to the Lake Superior Visitor Center but it was still closed at 9:45am. So I grabbed some yummy quiche from a local place and headed t Madison, WI.

Once I crossed the bridge I was in Wisconsin. I now only had one more state to visit before hitting them all. I got a phone call from Lynn and she was on her way to Madison as well. I was very excited! I then got a hold of Liz who was back in Minneapolis and I decided to back track. It wasn’t that too out of the way, I wanted to see Liz, and Lynn was flexible.

On my way into the city I stopped at The Woods Carving Museum. I wasn’t allowed to take pictures and was surprised hoe religious it was. Regardless, it was extremely impressive that one man did all this work. I’m glad they have a museum and that I stumbled upon it.

After the longest gas sop ever and getting out of traffic I was able to meet up with Liz. I finally found her at the mall and we headed downtown to the Walker Art Center. It’s beautiful contemporary art, free, and has an amazing gift shop. We then headed outdoor to the sculpture garden where there was an Asian prom and a wedding going on. We were a little confused. Even though I couldn’t climb the fake mountains it was really great to get caught up with Liz.


Not knowing what to do for the next five hours we passed on the Northern Spark night in downtown and made our way to Northfield where Liz lives. We got more time to hang out, had yummy yummy Greek pizza, I met her parents, and we relaxed outside. It was a beautiful night which smelled great and I am so glad I back tracked a little.

Thoughts:

There are so many lakes in MN and WI.

I think Northern Minnesota (the boundary waters) and northern Wisconsin (the apostle islands) need to be done when I have a guide, more time, and not alone. I don’t think I should navigate lakes and islands alone in bad weather, or at all.

There I lots of things I want to buy that I am going to make myself!

Minneapolis has very strange, and lots of them, highways. Um hello: 494, 495, 496, North35E, North 35W…. too many letters and directions with numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment