Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, Sun




Following the tips from the local I went to check out the Bar Harbor Lighthouse. Although small and crowded it was great to see. I feel bad for the family that lives there though. They constantly have people in their back yard. I took a small walk along the cliffs and was able to get a nice view of the lighthouse. Who knew it was the Northeastern most part of the Island. Thank you informational signs.

Following another recommendation by the local I headed out to Seal Cove. I almost missed the turn and I am so thankful I did not. This spot was perfect. It was exactly what I was looking for (minus the cold wind, damn I am hard to please). For the first time while being in Maine I actually found calmness. No tourists, no crowds, no foreigners. This cove was beautiful, equipped with picnic tables and bathrooms. Perfect. The wind blew me away to the free buses again. Here I got to see some more views and hop on and off. I chose to walk along some of the most well maintained horse carriage trails in the U.S and around Jordan Lake. I wasn’t feeling an ascending hike so I stuck to beautiful flat foliage land. Loved it. On the bus home I met some more travelers and a photographer who has taken two years to get from California to Maine. I am not the only one.

I am now back in Bar Harbor at a very nice Victoria friendly coffee shop/café. Not too hipster new age but also not too yuppy. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment