Friday, October 22, 2010

October 15, SNOW!!!!!!!



The rain started last night. I awoke to rain like most in the Northeast and it did not stop. Not wanting to take a ferry across Lake Champlain in strong winds and rain I decided to drive down to the Crown Point Bridge. On the way I stopped at Dakin Farm. This place smokes their own meats and produces their own cheese, maple syrup, and more. It was a wonderful rainy stop.

Once close to Crown Point I got a hold of my friend I was going to see and he informed me the bridge no longer exists. Several months ago the bridge was blown up. This information was confirmed in an old school general store where they sold homemade chocolate and baked goods on top of regular general store stuff.

The attendants in the general store also informed me that in place of the bridge there was a free ferry. The plan was to avoid a car ferry in the wind but that is what I ended up having to do in order to cross the river.

Once on New York soil and an hour late, I made the way to Jay New York to see my friends from Costa Rica. Along the way I saw some very nice rainy views and SNOW! In the mountains of Keene, NY it was fully snowing and accumulating. It was beautiful to see and made me smile big.

Finally arriving at my friends beautiful country home it was time to get out of the rain. I spent the afternoon indoors, drinking hot cider by the fire, and having a lovely afternoon with my friends.

It feels good to speak Spanish .

We ended the night watching the new Robin Hood movie which I really enjoyed. I like when old stories get new twists and they aren’t too farfetched. I recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment