Friday, October 22, 2010

October 18, Childhood Memories

Overview: Made muffins and rice crispy treats, drove Route 9 through NY towns, met friend in Albany.

There were tons of wild turkeys on my friends land all morning. That was cool to see. We got caught up on the news, watched some sports highlights, made perfect blueberry muffins and later rice crispy treats. In the early afternoon it was time to say goodbye. I had a wonderful time in Jay New York with my friends, speaking Spanish and catching up but it was time to say goodbye.

Although maybe cutting it a little close I chose to take route 9 all the way from Jay to Albany. I really like scenic roads and not having to drive crazy fast. I passed some wonderful lakes and very small towns. I went through Lake George and was reminded of a family vacation we had there. The stores and main street seem to be less honky tonk than I remember. Maybe because it was off season or because I was young when we were there.

I hit traffic in the nice small city of Glenn Falls. They seemed to have a few museums but I wasn’t in the mood for art. Also, because of the traffic I was running late. I hoped on the Interstate, hit more traffic, and had to pass on Saratoga Springs due to time.

I somehow made it to the mall in time to meet my friend and we headed to his house on beautiful back country roads in NY. I really had no idea where I was until I looked at a map.

While his mom made a delicious dinner I got to play with animals and cars. Not too shabby. We ended the night with some fun conversations and funny TV shows. Thanks guys!

Oops, I missed out on Saratoga Springs and Albany. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie, I am so glad to see you enjoyed your "quick" stay-over. You are absolutely adorable and are welcome back any time... You are in my prayers! DeDe :)

    ReplyDelete