Friday, October 8, 2010

October 6, Rain





Do you remember the commercial for pizza bagels? Well I remember the song. If you know the song than please sing along but substitute the word pizza with rain. Let us all try:

Rain in the morning, rain in the evening, rain at supper time. When Victoria’s in New Hampshire she can have rain anytime!

Now that we have sung together, I want to tell you about the sunny weather I we have been having. Just kidding.

I did not want to let the rain interfere with my plans. So I didn’t. It was the wind that made things difficult. Instead of heading off to Maine I luckily got a hold of a friend from Peace Corps. She drove the two hours up from Salem to hang out with me in Portsmouth for the day. We got caught up at Breaking New Grounds, did some fun card shopping, found a great art gallery store place, and had a lunch at this great organic place she knew about called Cere’s (or something like that). Brett Lee would have loved it.

After our lunch we attempted to brave the rain and experience Strawberry Banke. That’s when the wind really started to pick up. We entered a small walkway that lead to Prescott Park and it was gorgeous. The landscape, colors, fountains, and trees were beautiful. If the weather wasn’t so bad we could have spent the afternoon here. But…we took one look at the size of Strawberry Banke, and knew it would just be too cold and wet.

We made our way to the coffee shop for the second time. A little later it was time to depart.

Once my other friend arrived home from work we headed out to have a delicious homemade dinner of Beef Wellington. Her friends were so fun, welcoming, and we had some good laughs. I would like to be like that when I am married. Minus the cute twins.

I love meeting new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment