Friday, October 8, 2010

October 5, A Kittens Purr




Although not the most beautiful day in terms of weather it was a beautiful day for me. I took off, as scheduled in the clouds and rain. All along the highway I could see the changing colors of fall. Visibility wasn’t that great, but I saw some nice leaf changing going on.

My first stop on this gorgeous day was to the Beach. What better to do in the rain than visit Hampton Beach State Park. I walked onto the beach, then turned right around. Once in a headband, hair pulled back, and a monstrous rain coat, I was ready for my walk.

The walk was short and at first I was the only one. After ten minutes there were many walkers on the beach but when the rain started they disappeared. Luckily the State Park had weather proof areas and I was able to catch up on a little work. The beach wasn’t bad, and the town looked like a fun beach town. They are doing crazy amounts of construction along the beach and main road so it will be interesting to see it when it’s all done, and when businesses are actually open.

I then drove along 1A between Hampton Beach and Portsmouth. Who knew New Hampshire had such a beautiful coastline. Who cares if it’s the smallest coastline either. There are tons of rentals, gorgeous oceanfront mansions for sale, and surfers. What more do you need. One of the mansions is a given.

Once in Portsmouth I walked around the adorable little town. There are so many my kind of fun, random shops. Not to mention art places, clothes, and restaurants. I am so glad I stopped here. On my way out of town, while sitting watching the waves the break, I made an out of the blue phone call to my mom’s friends daughter .

I then got to see another part of Portsmouth, have a delicious dinner, and enjoy Portsmouth at night. We headed to Ri Ra where we enjoyed our wine, special treatment, and new friends. Great bar, location, and bartenders. After the evening at the bar I spent the night with the best nighttime companion. A very tiny kitten, up for adoption, curled on my neck and purred all night.

A very successful day back on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment