Sunday, April 24, 2011

4-22


We awoke early so Hills could make her train in Santa Barbara. Hills treated me to such an amazing “vacation” it was nothing to make the drive back down. Santa Barbara was a beautiful town but I wanted to make my drive up North. My intention was to drive the entire PCH/Route 1 up to San Francisco but the weather had another plan. I made it to San Simeon on a cloudy day and couldn’t understand why it was so crowded. I spoke to mom and dad on the phone by the visitor center and realized it was Good Friday. I passed on the 25 dollar hour and half tour after talking to Jenni and knowing that I would be back someday. I also needed to back track again because the part I was looking forward to on the PCH had been washed away. Bummer.

I made my way on the 101 up to San Luis Obispo the cut back over in the Monterey area. This took longer than I thought and it was very cloudy so I didn’t stop, except for traffic. I fell in love, from the road, with the Pompomelio area and Pacifica. Even though I had been in the car all day I wanted to get to Niki and Jamal’s in Sonoma. I made the quick trip through San Francisco around 6pm and the sun finally came out. I was worried I would miss Passover dinner but got there just in time.

I haven’t had a Passover dinner in many years. It was delicious and refreshing and sooooo good to see Niki and actually meet Jamal. I really know nothing about Judaism which made for some fun. Niki and Jamal’s friends were nice and entertaining. It was a funny evening and nice to laugh and not think about serious issues. After a warm shower it was time for bed in a comfy room.

No comments:

Post a Comment