Thursday, April 28, 2011

4-27. Goodbye Freinds. Hello Prison.


We slept in a bit and while I made Gallo Pinto poor Jamal had to go prepare for the Firefighter chicken and polenta dinner. While cooking, chatting and eating, the morning got away from us. I did discover that mixing Worcestershire sauce with BBQ sauce gives you a taste close to Lizano. It was then time for big hugs and goodbyes. I didn’t want to leave because it was so good to be with Niki and Jamal, and the Sonoma area is gorgeous. I drove into the city with little problems and after I parked met a random guy who let me use his office bathroom. I really had to pee. While waiting for the Alcatraz ferry I strolled around Fisherman’s Wharf. I then made it to Alcatraz for the tour and some walking around. This place was cool but I think it should still be used. The entire Island is a National Park but would possibly serve better as a prison. It would suck to be there and maybe deter criminals a little more than normal prison. The NPS must make bank though. $26 per person and there must be over a 1,000 visitors on good days. I took the ferry back, hopped in my car, drove to a hotel near the airport, and prepared my bag to fly the next day. I talked to dad and got an update on the family, then relaxed a bit with TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment