Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Maybe

I may have found my favorite place in the U.S. and this is not an April fool’s joke. I’ll need to reflect more BUT, Jerome is definitely a candidate.


AZ cities are set up funny. Very spread out. Then again most small towns/cities are like that.

Middle Arizona has so much to offer.

Our family trip to AZ, Grand Canyon, and Vegas back in the day was awesome!

LOTS of bikers were out today! Yes it was beautiful but, was it a holiday?

Prescott AZ is cool but, very crowded today. It also has Whisky row!

At 9am someone told me about traffic on I-17 due to an accident. I thought at 2pm it would have been cleared. Oops. Should have taken the back roads. It was only the second time in nine months of traveling I have hit bad traffic. It was now 3:30pm. Dad convinced me to stop at the rest stop. Jenni looked up the problem for me and informed me a cattle truck had flipped. Now a glimpse into my brain: I hope it was empty. That poor driver. Back on the road. Thanks for letting me in. Wave. On the phone with James. I see construction vehicles. Maybe this is not the accident and just the construction. I see the cattle truck on its side very close to cliff edge. I see construction workers. Oh my god, I hope it was empty. AAGGHHHHH NOOOOOOO I see sticks sticking strangely outwards. AAGGHHHHH they’re cow legs, AAAGGGHHHHHHH dead cows with dirt on them. OH MY GOD!!! Want to cry, cry a little. Tell James what I saw. I think the cows went over the cliff and they had to fish them out. Very very sad. Poor cows. Poor driver. I hope the cows didn’t suffer. Do they feel pain? Yes, poor cows. Poor driver. Think of a cow truck I saw in Costa Rica with a cow that had fallen down and they were zapping the others to move so it could get up but they just left it there being stepped on. Poor cows. Poor drivers. Very sad. I hope the driver is okay. I hope he doesn’t get fired or charged. How does insurance work. Poor driver. Very sad. I hope the cows owners aren’t mean. Poor cows. Sad. The last part continues for the rest of the day.

Saw a billboard that said: “Green house gases. They’re trying to scam us. Do the math.”

Passed on Instrument Museum and Phoenix. Not in city mood and will have to do southern Arizona on a later trip. Want to get to nana and pops.

Very nice sunset!


Something smelled sweet. ORANGES!!!!! Drove through a pretty, yummy smelling, orange farm.

All cars had to stop at a Agricultural Stop before entering California but they didn’t even stop us or check anything. That was strange.

There were very polite men in Arizona, and everyone was genuinely friendly.

Got to CA and the first gas I saw was over a dollar more than what I had paid in AZ.

I think my nose is clear now. Everything has a distinct smell. Sometimes good.

I don’t know what to do when there are bugs in my car. Does it kill them to let them out of the window while driving over forty? I think so. I have now done it twice and feel bad. But I don’t want bugs in my car. What is a girl to do?

Hi Nana and Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment